The client wanted to eliminate the penalty caused due to Cross PCC errors in reissued PNRs. Addressing the issue IGT built an audit bot deployed with a schedule run at every 1 hour. The bot emulate the manual steps of extraction and filtering the PNRs from the Queue Management System and further match the PCCs of old (original) and new (reissued) tickets for all reissued PNRs on Sabre and Amadeus and flag the unmatched cases.
Share this Post
IGT Solutions (IGT) Operations team was responsible for reissuing the PNRs and generating the exchanged ticket at GDS for the customers. In a few cases, agents would mistakenly reissue the ticket in the wrong PCC (Pseudo City Code) in both Sabre and Amadeus GDS. To correct these manual errors, Quality team would audit the reissued PNRs by validating the PCC at GDS for any mismatch and void them within the defined time window. It was a manual process performed by extracting the dump of reissued PNRs from ‘Queue Management System’ for scrubbing at every 30 minutes interval and identifying cross PCC error for sample PNR inventory at Sabre and Amadeus separately. In case a mismatch in PCCs of the original and new ticket was found, the PNR was cancelled to avoid a penalty at IGT’s side.
- Preventing Revenue Leakages – Unmatched PNRs (worth $15K per month) were notified by the Bot as Cross PCC error
- Complete inventory of reissued PNRs was scrubbed vs. random sampling done by manual team
- Increased operational efficiency with Improved accuracy of 95-99%
- Accelerated execution speed to 2X
About the Client
The client is a leading American travel technology company with global presence. It primarily operates via widely used travel fare aggregator websites and travel metasearch engines under its umbrella.
Due to the following challenges, the need for automating the audit process was realized:
- The Cross PCC errors contributed to a monthly average of $40K worth of financial errors observed in the operations of 2 different locations.
- High PNR transactional volume and spikes made it challenging to cover the whole inventory for validation. PNRs with Cross PCC error that got missed because of inventory sampling also contributed to the penalty amount.
- Correcting the error within void window and adhering to the time sensitive SLAs.
- Piling backlogs due to high volumes and resource-intensive task.
- To eliminate the penalty due to Cross PCC errors in reissued PNRs, IGT built an ‘Audit Bot’ deployed with a schedule run at every 1 hour.
- The Bot would emulate the manual steps of extraction and filtering the PNRs from the Queue Management System. It would then match the PCCs of old (original) and new (reissued) tickets for all reissued PNRs on Sabre and Amadeus and flag the unmatched cases.
- The Bot was scheduled for eight times during the day to ensure that maximum inventory was covered and unmatched cases were notified to the manual team within the void window to rectify the Cross PCC errors, thus avoiding penalties due to financial errors.
Applications in Scope
- Queue Management System
- MS Excel
Automation Tool Partner
- Automation Anywhere