Share this Post
The leading international airport was looking for tech support services for their operational activities. They partnered with IGT solutions which helped them set up a cross-functional team of experts in a remote model to provide service delivery management based on ITIL processes. The overall operation supported 35+ airport sites globally in a real-time 24x7 environment.
Share this Post
About the Client
The client is an Airport which caters 1000+ arrivals and departures on a single day and serves 400+ domestic and 1000+ international destinations for 300+ airlines operator. It handles traffic of more than 45 million passengers every year.
The managed services engagement requires supporting the Airport Management System (Airport management services), including the below-mentioned operations, while maintaining world-class standards:
• Application installation, configuration & maintenance,
• Monitoring databases, network traffic and communication delays among various interconnected devices,
• Managing servers
The client identified the need to outsource the following operational activities to a professional organization and instead focus on the core areas:
• Critical production tickets support
• Enhancement requests • Investigation reports
• Feature usage / documentations
• Airport management system configurations and settings
• Usability issues management
• Build and release
• Communication with L2 support for problem resolutions
• Incident management including 24x7 coverage – Level 2
IGT set up a cross-functional team of experts in a remote model to provide service delivery management based on ITIL processes. The overall operation supported 35+ airport sites globally in a real-time 24x7 environment. The scope of services included:
• 24x7 service availability management, including incident management and coverage programming.
• Change management, including operating system changes, database administration, communications and network management, airport common use management.
• Monitoring and proactive maintenance of servers and network. Implemented automated alert and restart system of airport management services servers depending on the transaction load resulting in significant benefits.
• Application software enhancements for databases, operating system customization, and network upgrades.
• Connectivity and communications management with airports, partner Airlines, and third-party systems like GDS.
• Supporting the onsite operations team related to functional and configuration knowledge of airport management services by providing real-time assistance.
• Helped achieve 98% reduction in unplanned downtime and 99.99% availability.
• Resolved critical issues in billing module leading to better financial handling.
• Improved seasonal & what-if schedule planning algorithms used by client.
• Increased operational efficiency by improving overall resource management.
500+ Counters at airport
300+ Airline companies operate from the airport
1000+ Arrival/departures per day
Tools & Technologies
SQL Server, Jira, Visual Studio, servicenow, Oracale, Microsoft.Net, IATA