Share this Post
The client was facing several challenges due to a highly disseminated nature of the process and realized the need for automation with an added requirement of maintaining data for dashboard analytics. IGT helped the client by designing a RPA solutions enabled with configurable parameters and ensured the changing needs like number of countries, addition of stakeholders etc. of the process were catered.
Share this Post
Airline’s Refund team performs manual extraction and processing of all ‘Refund Applications’ for 120 countries everyday till they are updated to approved/ rejected status at the IATA BSPlink site. The extracted list is forwarded to team members in nine regional offices for further investigation and processing. The regional teams work on the ‘Refund Applications’ for countries under their purview as per the governed SLA compliances.
The airline was facing several challenges due to a highly disseminated nature of the process and realized a need for automation with an added requirement of maintaining data for Dashboard Analytics-
- Difficulty in analyzing consolidated data across regions for compliance & workforce management
- Manual tracking of SLA and risk of missing SLA
- Human errors while extracting data from IATA BSPlink site
- Lack of real-time data consolidation and business insights
- Unavailability of historic view of Refund Application’s ageing, trends and other insights
- Improved Accuracy: 100% accurate mapping of data in daily report from Records on IATA BSP Site
- Productivity Gains – Manual bandwidth freed up to be utilized for high value complex work
- Faster Processing time – 40% improvement in overall processing time
- SLA Management- Improved daily tracking & SLA management through daily reporting & dashboard
About the Client
The client is a leading American Airline, headquartered in Chicago that provides air transportation services in North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Latin America. It operates a fleet of 770 mainline aircrafts and 559 regional aircrafts with approximately 4,800 flights daily.
- IGT Solutions designed a RPA solution with configurable parameters to ensure the changing needs like number of countries, addition of stakeholders etc. of the process were catered.
- Bot was deployed to run daily at a scheduled time and send consolidated report via email. The report had filtered records to be worked on for that day. These included cases with ‘Pending’ status. The daily report also consisted of a summary report covering the country-wise bot run status useful for business management decision and action purposes.
- The Bot would perform data extraction and management of ‘Refund Applications’ from IATA BSPlink site for all the configured countries and store historic data into a repository complying with the GDPR standards. This was achieved using a custom API developed as part of the solution.
- The historical data maintained in the repository was used for creation of business insights graphs (trends, aging basis status, SLA compliance etc.) available in a dashboard view used by the management for improved decision making.
Applications in Scope
- IATA BSPlink Site
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
Automation Tool Partner