The client's existing quality engineering practice was mainly manual and inefficient which resulted in revenue losses and higher DSAT because of delayed deliveries. IGT helped the client automate the manual testing process by building an end-to-end strategy for automating the regression test suite and developing a customized framework.
Share this Post
About the Client
The client is a significant technology product company providing solutions to several airports globally. Its key products involve airline and passenger systems, including border control solutions.
The client's existing quality engineering practice was mainly manual and inefficient. The build cycle was more than two months. The Testing team could not deliver as per the business expectations, leading to revenue losses for the client and higher DSAT amongst the end-user because of delayed deliveries.
The client identified the need for a professional partner to automate testing to increase efficiency and reduce time-to-market. Following were the expectations of the business:
• Improve efficiencies of testing deliveries
• Improve build delivery cycle from 2 months to 2 weeks
• Ensure test execution is reduced by 70% with the implementation of automation testing
• Ensure coverage of automation testing is more than 80% for regression suite
The client selected IGT as it program partner to automate the manual testing process. IGT’s scope included building an end-to-end strategy for automating regression test suite and developing a customized framework in collaboration with the client. IGT leveraged its pre-built accelerators on test automation strategy and test tools, expertise and experience of QE consultants on automation, and Intelligent Automation framework with modular architecture to deliver the solution.
• Created test automation strategy covering Unit, API, UI in various stages and different environments
• Identified toolsets and framework characteristics as well as objectives
• Created and regularly optimized regression test suite
• Automated regression suite execution by 80%
• Re-calibrated test coverage for decision coverage & workflow coverage
• Optimized execution cycle and achieved faster run per build
The customized framework built helped with-
• reduction in time to create scripts.
• minimizing maintenance efforts on scripts.
• integrating several automation tools to target a specific application.
• reporting the execution progress and make health to stakeholders.
• testing data input from various sources, e.g. Excel, Json, XML etc.
• special features, such as
- Take screenshots
- Create customized reports
- Cross-browser testing
- Connect with other systems
- Debugging for failed test scripts
Reduced build-delivery cycle from 2 months to 2 weeks
70% Reduction in overall test efforts
Reduction in maintenance efforts due to reusable object libraries
Tools & Technologies
jira, Selenium, appium, java,IGT Accelerator, Postman