The client wanted to scale its existing business intelligence capabilities and exploit the data into actionable insights for explorative, predictive and prescriptive analytics. IGT migrated existing system from Power BI to tableau and enhance the process for streamlined and SLA based turnaround of requests
Share this Post
- Migrated 24 dashboards and 163 reports to the new platform
- 4 new reporting metrics introduced providing YoY, MoM and QoQ insights
- 8*5 dedicated reporting solution desk for all support and new requests
The client is a global leader in hospitality industry providing training and consulting services to increase revenue for the hotels. Operating throughout Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and North America. They have helped more than 1000 hotel partners in 70 countries maximize revenues, and improve guest satisfaction.
The client’s existing online platform was not scalable and lack wider customer base reach, the report generated via this platform also lacks the actionable insights for explorative, predictive and prescriptive analytics. This data also needed to be cross referenced for benchmarking and securely segregated so as to confirm to individual customers confidentiality.
Recurring Revenue: Revenue generated through their online platform offerings to their customers via subscriptions needed to be increased
Inability to scale existing data: They were bottlenecked by the inability to scale their existing business intelligence capabilities and required help to exploit the data and fashion it into actionable insights for explorative, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Following a collaborative team approach that aligned with the goals of the client, key highlights of the solution were:
- Set up a dedicated offshore team for development and enhancements as per the requirements
- Migrated existing reports and dashboards from Power BI to tableau
- Set up a request based development and enhancement process for streamlined and SLA based turnaround of requests
- Understanding the current Power BI reports and underlying objects
- Document functional understanding of the existing reports
- Develop the corresponding Tableau reports as per the business logic and intent identified in the technical understanding
- Align business-specific formatting and branding to newly developed reports
- Data testing against existing reports to verify functionality and migration accuracy
- Participate in trial with clients and upon approval, deploy the generated reports and changes to the production
- Develop and deliver new releases as per the stated customer needs
- Single team managing and catering to all business reporting and analytics requirement
- A dedicated team with a deeper understanding of business process and needs
- Faster turnaround time-off requests with higher accuracy
Tableau, Power BI, MS SQL Server