As part of a compliance requirement, the airline’s Health Services team required contact information of passengers who have flown on their flights for Covid-19 contact-tracing purposes.
IGT supported the airline by developing a bot that logically defines the list of passengers whose information is sought and then emulates extraction of their details like email, phone number, flight transit details, nationality etc. from the Airline Departure Control and Reservation System.
Share this Post
About the Client
The client is one of the leading full service airline in Europe. It has a fleet size of 123 aircrafts operating scheduled passenger and cargo services to 145 destinations. The airline carries over 34 million passengers annually and is a member of the SkyTeam alliance.
To comply with the Covid-19 contact tracing guidelines, the airline’s Health Services team required contact information of passengers who have flown on their flights. The operations process involved manual extraction of passengers’ information (contact, route, ID details, etc.) who occupied “specific seats” in the flight from Departure Control and Reservation systems. A consolidated excel file is sent as an output to the requesting department. The task is performed for multiple flights operating round the clock as needed.
Passenger information of minimum 10 flights is required by the Health Services team daily. Since the passenger volumes are high, manual extraction of their details from numerous systems (with limitation to copy data) in a defined SLA of 24 hours is a demanding task. It required considerable time and multiple agents working in parallel to fulfill the request.
The manual process had the following challenges:
- Effort intensive and repetitive task
- Inconsistency in data consolidated from multiple system
- Typographical errors and oversight
- Any delay is a non-adherence to SLA compliance
- 70% reduction in data consolidation for each request
- 99% accuracy in data capturing from Airline’s application systems
- 250+ hours saved monthly indicating productivity gains with manual bandwidth deployed in a high value task
- 80% improvement in overall process efficiency
- Improved SLA Adherence with task automation reducing the processing time
- IGT Solutions (IGT) team designed a RPA solution to enhance Airline's Operations team efficiency and productivity while increasing the accuracy of information consolidated.
- The Health Services team of the Airline requests data of passengers occupying seat around a passenger tested or suspected Covid-19 positive immediately after the journey completion.
- IGT configured a bot that logically defines the list of passengers whose information is sought and then emulates extraction of their details like email, phone number, flight transit details, nationality etc. from the Airline Departure Control and Reservation System.
- The process is repeated for multiple flights received in input and the captured data is consolidated in an output file shared with the operations team for handling any exceptions.
- The Bot runs basis operations need.
Applications in Scope
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel
Automation Tool Partner
- Automation Anywhere