Share this Post
The client wanted to migrate their existing analytical reports/dashboards MicroStrategy 9.x to the newer version, i.e. MicroStrategy 10.x that gives one view for sales, margin, promotion & inventory at a detailed level. IGT helped in upgrading their Microstrategy and developed a platform that gives a single view.
Share this Post
The client was looking for a potential partner that could help them:
- Migrate their existing analytical reports/dashboards MicroStrategy 9.x to the newer version, i.e. MicroStrategy 10.x
- Develop a system that gives one view for sales, margin, promotion & inventory at a detailed level
- Apart, they were also looking to reduce Microstrategy distribution services licenses and optimize existing Microstrategy reports/Dashboards Performance enforce with data security
- Better in-depth analytics improved decision support system
- Better data security due to access control over data and objects
- Highly effective integrated system and process standardization
- Reduced & optimized cost of licensing usage by implementing distribution services
- Improved execution time for existing reports
The client is a 60 years old Swiss-based travel retailer operating in over 65 countries worldwide.
The client’s existing analytics solutions could not be scaled as it lacked the advanced features which are required to do depth analysis of sales, inventory, promotions, pricing, and targets & prediction on stocks to track accurate performance.
IGT Solutions carried out a detailed study of the existing data analytics solution. Furthermore, as part of the application development cycle, the key objectives and milestones were identified, including strategies for data migration.
- Solution processes business intelligence on over 2.5 TB of data, with 1k+ reports, 200+ dashboards serving over 350 users & 900+ email distributions
- Upgraded Microstrategy platform with near-zero business downtime
- Designed, developed, and maintain reports/dashboards for the client containing interactive dashboard, PDF/excel export documents
- Exponentially reduced the distribution services license by implementing XML for dynamic address List
- Improved execution time for existing reports/cube by optimizing joins and implementing specific VLDB (Very Large Database) properties
- Created user groups and assigned users to these groups based on their data/object-level access rights.
Key Insights Delivered
- Pricing analytics
- Promotion analytics
- Actual vs Target analytics
- Payments terms analytics
- Ticket’s and Penetration Reports
- Monthly online analytics dashboard
- Monthly scheduled PDF documents
- Weekly online analytics dashboard
- Weekly scheduled PDF documents
- Daily sales dashboard
- Mobile dashboard for iPhone