The client's complex ecosystems and inefficient & fragmented quality assurance processes across various teams acted as bottlenecks in delivering value to its end users. Leveraging its extensive domain knowledge and quality assurance and engineering experience, IGT conducted the testing of client’s products and solutions and improved its product quality and modernization efforts.
Share this Post
About the Client
The client is the world's leading provider of global information and telecommunications solutions to the air transport industry. It offers services to more than 3200 customers in over 200 countries and territories.
With its 90+ products spanning across the air transport industry covering airlines, airports and government sectors, the client was looking for an 'independent product testing' partner to improve its product quality and modernization efforts.
Complex ecosystems and inefficient & fragmented quality assurance processes across various teams acted as bottlenecks in delivering value to its end users.
Product non-functional requirements SLAs were way below than expectations of its customers
Independent product testing partner with a thought leader in the quality engineering space.
• Deep expertise and experience in the air transport industry.
• Implement enterprise product test strategy encompassing various product groups aligning business roadmaps.
• Implement test transformations to enable Agile and DevOps within quality engineering teams.
• Improve product quality to achieve stated SLAs in functional and nonfunctional areas.
The client selected IGT as its partner for Quality Engineering and Product Testing. IGT leveraged its extensive domain knowledge and quality assurance and engineering experience to successfully conduct the testing of client’s products and solutions.
The scope of work included:
• Creation of enterprise-wise product testing strategy
• Process creation and fine-tuning with focus on product KPI measurement and improvement
• Enabling testing teams for Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Comprehensive test automation policy
Test Program Management
• Provided end-to-end test management for delivery of applications, including comprehensive quality assurance on functional, non-functional and automation testing.
• Created a hybrid delivery model for mitigation as well as cost optimizations.
• Finalized KPIs to track the program health and being stakeholders informed.
• Created governance structure for escalations and risk management.
• Formed team structure, managing all products and their project delivery cycles
• Created reusable artifacts for product groups, individual products and product integrations with other applications.
• Identified toolsets for product exploration and automation testing.
• Created test scenarios, test cases and scripts for business validation.
• Implemented Shift Left to reduce defect leakage.
• Created non-functional testing strategy covering performance, security and usability.
• Identified and optimized models on performance and security areas.
• Achieved shift left for performance testing in the DevOps pipeline.
• Identified compliance requirements for all the products.
• Create a strategy, guidelines and SLAs for compliance.
• Finalized toolsets for compliance requirements.
• Embedded compliance in the development cycle.
• Shared compliance dashboard and implemented an improvement plan.
• Automated compliance testing
• Reduction of test execution time by 30%
• Implemented DevTestOps with Azure DevOps
• Planning to production cycle reduced by 40%
• Product SLA compliance improved to 100
Tools & Technologies
JIRA, Azure Devops, Autoit, Selenium, United functional Testing Enterprise, Tricentis Tosca, appium, Jenkins, Postman, SoapUL Pro, Cumcumber, JMeter, Sonarqube, Fortify, Checkmarx, ZAP, Performance Center