Share this Post
When our client started its operations in the APAC market, they were struggling with unique travel trends of Indian and Asian market. In order to become a significant player in the growing market of Asia Pacific, the client wanted to tie up with a local player who could help expand their market.
The client selected IGT as its India sales partner as IGT already had domain expertise in providing customer service and telesales for online travel companies, had a proven track record of serving high quality clients and efficient customer service.
25 % Increase in sales conversion in APAC region as IGT was able to help add more destinations, hotels and flights for tier 2, tier 3 cities which enabled the client to sell more and generate additional revenues.
30% reduction in support calls resulting in enhanced customer experience.
Significantly reduced the cost of operations by decreasing the customer contact ratio from 1:5 to 1:1.14 This achievement significantly surpassed the average productivity of experienced onshore analysts when the work was handled by the client onshore.
Improved the first call resolution rate to 80%, making the client FRS ratio better than the Industry benchmarks post transition to IGT.
Our client is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. The company delivers consumer value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through its varied market solutions. For maintaining its leader position in the world, the organization had to keep a tab on the cost of operations on one hand; on the other hand, it also had to effectively mark its presence in growing markets.
Customer Service across calls, email, chat
Sales and Reservation Corporate Travel, Airline JV Support
Back office - Ticketing Queues, Web bookings, Reservations Technological Automation - CRM, iQD and AUTH Automation
To improve the inbound sales and provide enhanced customer care services, IGT incorporated the following methodology to enrich the process:
1. Complete Re-engineering: By radically changing the organizational variables of technology, strategy and people, IGT enriched the services provided to the client and provided an effective cost reduction and improved FCR rate.
- The sales system was relooked as the existing system did not suit the APC needs. Appropriate channels and destinations were added to provide the paraphernalia to the sales ecosystem
- The training and quality modules were also completely revamped to suit the APAC geography, which increased the first call resolution rate for the calls.
2. Specialized taskforce: Recognizing that the quality had to be world class for delivering the client products, IGT set up specialized and focused subject matter groups.
- IGT created 3 centers for delivery – Sales, Contact Center and Support. Each FTE was trained on all the modules and then performed in the function that suited his/her best skills.
- This also ensured uniform deliverability and business continuity across the entire business life cycle thus leading to high productivity and reduced CCR.
3. Sales driven analytics: IGT used sales driven analytics to enable ease of booking for clients and increase sales conversion. For example, through the tracking of CRM and data mart systems for sales not made, IGT recorded that 70% of the calls came for travel requests to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Indian cities. IGT was able to help the client add more destinations, hotels and other information about tier 2 tier 3 cities which enabled an increase in sales conversion by around 25%
- Our in house analytics showed that 60% of the sales were abandoned due to non available payment options. IGT helped including more payment option according to Indian market to the OTA.
4. Sales focussed coaching and training
- Investment in coaches – Coach the coach sessions to ensure effective coaching
- Cross Selling and Up selling training
- Qualifying Question and Objection Handling training