The current travel commerce landscape is rapidly changing, driving upon the trending zTPF tools methodologies to be quick and high-quality while allowing for continuous integration into a digital ecosystem. But z/TPF, despite its potential, has scope for improvement. The growing need to ramp up the commerce process and systems in this age of continuous new platforms, systems, and growth, means IGT is adopting a new mantra: zTPF: smarter, not harder.
Beyond conventional TPF: Transaction processing often considered an inconspicuous back-end business computing function, is a key enabler for businesses from Travel and Hospitality, e-banking services, transactions, and e-commerce. Transaction processing manages trillions of transactions per second each year across large geographically dispersed networks and is an integral component in world’s travel commerce. Transaction processing systems have been at the core of GDS, airline, finance, hotels and other industries for decades, and still, dominant today leading the rise of business computing.
The progressive and continued growth of e-business, online platforms, and Travel commerce are placing an ever greater need for transaction processing systems. To be more responsive to fast-changing market needs and cost-effective there is a need to integrate transaction processing systems into the service-oriented architecture (SOA) model and be integrated to new IT architectures that embrace open systems. This has led to the creation of the next generation of TPF, also called z/TPF. For example, travel reservation systems are using transaction batch processing to process, validate and authorize millions of individual transactions. Transaction processing carries a number of advantages including the following which makes it a perfect fit for customer satisfaction.
- Scalability – zTPF is a sustainable and attractive solution to handle an extremely high volume of data at peak load period
- Availability – zTPF is available 24*7 for mission-critical applications and is fully operational within minutes in cases of outage
- Reliability – zTPF is reliable with the consistent response time even during the peak load.
Modern transaction processing solutions is more flexible, secured and provides high performance which enables businesses to have extended open system IT solutions that can be integrated and leveraged to use existing legacy systems that have been supporting mission-critical systems for years. There is a burgeoning need for integration of these dependable, established assets with new open system architecture to get the best of both the worlds. The smartest way forward is to upgrade to a more robust, secure and future-ready TPF environment. By taking an agile approach and adopting tools to improve TPF productivity, the data it contains will see an improved ROI.
IGT is the only Travel technology company, focused on improving efficiency, maintenance of zTPF tools, migrations and program customization and maintenance in key business environments. providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for global travel and tourism industry. Our domain expertise enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations to ensure profitability and customer experience driving TPF efficiency in the Travel environment.
IGT team of experts has over 4500+ person-years of experience in TPF/zTPF/ALCS Services with domain knowledge that is mapped to the client requirements. We consult, review and work with our customers to identify business problems and design solutions that are ideally suited to their business model. IGT has also developed in-house tool to aid the development cycle and reduce the product time to market
Future enhancements in z/TPF: Of late, the data explosion, the rise of smart machines and automation technologies have thrown the validity of TPF into question. The smartest way forward is to upgrade to a more robust, secure and future-ready zTPF environment. By taking a domain-centric approach and adopting the right tools to improve productivity, the data it contains will see an improved ROI. This approach of “new bottle, old wine” brings through faster time to market, improved customer satisfaction, and reduced costs. Those still on TPF need to plan a way to extract the data, insights from what still is the most reliable framework and ask – What more is possible with zTPF? – before they make the final switch.
- z/TPF tools will be enhanced/upgraded to allow open technologies.
- z/TPF support for Java will be further enhanced and improved by IBM.
- Improvement in support for distributed technologies such as MongoDB, DFDL
- Embed Assembler code in C files
- Debugger for Open technologies along with Assembler and z/TPF C/C++
- Improved and integrated source-level debugger for assembler language and C/C++ source-level debugging and open system technologies
- Use of Analytics Application delivery intelligence tool to provide the actionable insights to improve DevOps activities.
- Database encryption support in z/TPFDF to protect customer personal information
IGT TPF advantage:
- 30 year in IT Products, Services and Delivery
- 20+ years of extensive travel domain knowledge
- Proven global delivery with a strong offshore presence in India
- Excellence in product development, application development, testing and project management
- Pioneers in training in TPF, z/TPF, TPFC/C++, TPFDF, Assembly Language, SPM’s, and other technologies
- One of the largest pool of trained and experienced resources in the world (150+)
- 4500+ years of successful delivery experience in TPF services, tools and solutions
- Better zTPF optimization at lower costs
IGT continues to deliver zTPF/TPF solutions for some of the leading Airlines and Hospitality companies that include improving and providing consulting on TPF/zTPF applications, migrations and program customization, development and maintenance in key business environments. Travel companies that look to make the jump in the evolving TPF climate, shouldn’t lose the rich data that has been stored for years on the TPF in a “me too” effort to shift. TPF still holds a lot of operational value. It’s smarter and more responsible to “stay on your horse,” and prepare for the right future, at the right time, with the right partner.